- Note: The OctoClock CDA-2990 model shown on this page does NOT include an internal 10 MHz/1 PPS source. An external, source must be used to generate and distribute 10 MHz/1 PPS signals with this product. See the OctoClock-G CDA 2990 for a fully integrated solution with an internal GPSDO.
- 8-Way Time and Frequency Distribution (1 PPS and 10 MHz)
- Convenient Solution for Multi-Channel Synchronization
- Use with MIMO Capable N-Series Devices for Coherent System
- External 10 MHz/1 PPS Source Required
- 19" Rackmount – 1U
The OctoClock CDA-2990 is an affordable solution for high-accuracy time and frequency reference distribution. This is a useful accessory for users that would like to build multi-channel systems that are synchronized to a common timing source. For example, the OctoClock CDA-2990 can be used to synchronize a system of USRP N210s for coherent operation. This is useful for many applications such as beamforming, direction-finding, diversity combining, or MIMO transceiver design.
The OctoClock CDA-2990 accepts 1 pulse-per-second (1 PPS) and 10 MHz reference inputs from an external source such as a Rubidium standard. Active components are used to amplify and distribute these signals with matched-length traces to 8 outputs.
Users have the option to purchase the upgraded OctoClock-G CDA-2990, which includes an internal GPS-disciplined, oven-controlled oscillator (GPSDO). The GPSDO serves as an accurate reference that can be synchronized to the GPS timing standard. This allows developers to time-align multi-channel systems across the globe within ~50 ns. When the GPSDO is not locked to the GPS constellation, it still provides 10 MHz/1 PPS signals, with an accuracy better than 25 ppb. If this upgrade is interesting for current or future applications, please visit the OctoClock-G CDA-2990 product page.
- OctoClock CDA-2990 Knowledge Base
- Application Note – Synchronization and MIMO Capability with USRP Devices
- UHD API Notes for Multi-USRP Configurations
- National Instruments – Direction Finding with NI-USRP
- Building an Affordable 8x8 MIMO Testbed with NI-USRP
|WBX||WBX 50-2200 MHz Rx/Tx (40 MHz)||$530.00||
|SBX||SBX 400-4400 MHz Rx/Tx (40 MHz)||$530.00||
|CBX||CBX 1200-6000 MHz Rx/Tx (40 MHz)||$530.00||