RFNoC Hands-On Agenda
- Overview of FPGA toolchain
10:00-10:15 Tea Break
- Introduction and overview of RFNoC
- Install VirtualBox 5.1.18 or newer
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
- Creation of modular FPGA-accelerated SDR applications by chaining CEs into a flow graph.
15:30-15:45 Tea Break
- Demonstrations of several existing examples, and a walk-through on implementing a user-defined CE and integrating the CE into GNU Radio
16:45-17:30 Demo showcase
Due to limited Hardware (USRP X310 or USRP RIO) availability
* Attendees are expected to bring their own laptops and USRP RIO or USRP X310 to the workshop else have to pair with other participants
* Attendees are expected to install VirtualBox 5.1.18 or newer.
For the RFNoC Workshop, the radios must specifically be USRP X310 or USRP RIO. Any other radio will not work. The WBX, SBX, CBX, UBX daughterboard may be used, but the WBX or UBX would be much-preferred. We will use 1 Gigabit Ethernet. We will not use PCIe.
For RFNoC workshops, the laptops must have the following specifications:
* Intel i7 CPU at 2.5 GHz or higher
* 8 GB RAM
* one Ethernet port
* two USB 3.0 ports
* WiFi (802.11) capability
* the ability and permission to overwrite the hard disk and install Linux locally